Write ten sentences about your family in English or a short paragraph.
- One of the best and simplest ways to write ten sentences about yourself in English is to describe your family in short sentences.
- Get straight to the point, make it simple and meaningful.
- Do not forget to keep it in the present tense as you describe your family.
- Mention people like your parents, sisters, brothers, nephews, nieces, and other relatives like uncles, aunts, etc.
- The place they live in like a house, apartment, flat or farm etc.
We write about our families because we need to provide the following:
- Introduce our families to others.
- Describe our families to friends.
- Comparing families.
- English homework or assignment.
- Learn how to write a paragraph or an essay in English.
- Taking a writing English test exam or quiz.
- Personal reasons.
- Immigration to another country or just visiting.
You can start writing like this example below:
My family consists of my dad, mum, one brother, one sister and myself. My mum is a teacher and my dad is a doctor. We all live in a big house in a farm in the country side. Dad is fifty years old and mum is 45 years old. My brother Sam he is a students at high school and he is 17 years old. My sister is also a student at high school and she is 16 years old. I have one aunt and one uncle. I have two nephews and one niece. Finally, I am 19 years old and I am at college studying to be a mechanical engineer. We like to go out to the beach at the weekends. We also like to go camping in during long holidays and during winter and summer breaks every year.
- Above is a short sample on how to write ten sentences about your family in English.
- In addition to what is mentioned above,
- you can write some sentences about your hobbies and likes for the family.
- You can make the paragraph longer by adding more examples.
- You can try to write freely about your family in the space below.
It is your turn now to write ten sentences about your family in English. (Don’t be afraid to make mistakes.)
Recommended books on how to write ten sentences about your family in English or a short paragraph:
A very simple but straight to the point book for writing short paragraphs in English.
Promote a “can do” attitude with inspiring activities that help students master that very important writing unit–the paragraph. Busy teachers appreciate the variety of activities, hands-on experiences, and independent learning opportunities presented in this valuable resource
More writing topics and short paragraphs:
- Write ten sentences about your job in English. Read more
- Write ten sentences about your school in English. Read more
- Write ten sentences about your daily routine in English. Read more
- Write ten sentences about yourself in English. Read more
- Write ten sentences about your favorite food in English. Read more
I belong to a middle class family. Like most other families in India, ours is a big joint family. Our house is as Chandni Chowk, Old Delhi.
There are ten members in my family. We are three brothers and three sisters. My grandfather, aged 72, is the head of our family. My grandmother, aged 65, is the sweet heart of the family.
My grandfather is a retired Government Officer. He is a pensioner. He loves to spend time with kids. He is fond of classical music. He feels sad that life has become so expensive these days. He often grumbles over rising prices of things.
My grandmother is a retired school teacher. She is fond of making sweet dishes. She tells us a new moral story every-night. Everyone loves her very much.
My father, a successful lawyer, is a well-known person in Delhi. He commands good practice. He performs his duties with honesty. He is generous and liberal. He is almost always busy. He also spends about an hour in our garden. Gardening is his hobby. Sometimes on holidays he takes us to the cinema. He also takes interest in our education. I love my father.
My mother takes care of the house. She plans the family budget. She is not very modern. She is a religious woman. She goes to the temple every morning. On sacred days, she takes us all to the temple. She is a vegetarian and observes fast on every Tuesday. My grandfather always praises her. She, on her part, serves him as a daughter.
I am a student of the 9th class. I am good at studies. My father loves me very much. I love my younger brothers and sisters and help them in their studies.
My younger brother, Bablu, is very naughty. He tears pages from my books and spoils my exercise books. All of us love him. He is fond of talking and playing outdoor games. It is a pleasure to play with him. Ajay is fond of kite-flying.
My three sisters are Ruchi, Madhu and Rukmini. My sister, Ruchi, is interested in painting. She has won several awards for her painting skills. Madhu and Rukmini are shy girls. Madhu is a bookworm. She always stands first in her class. She has won many prizes. We all like one another and live happily together.
1. What is a Family?
Category: Essays, Paragraphs and ArticlesTagged With: Family System